Keeping kids safe online is a multi-faceted task. You need to make sure the security on your computer is adequate. Then you will need to set some parental controls on the computer. Next you will need to set some ground rules in your home about computer usage.
You will find these and many more tips in the following 30 blogs.
Make sure that your computer has a firewall and other security measures installed. You can download some of these items for free or you can buy special software. These blog posts will explain some security you should have to keep your kids safe.
- Keeping Your Kids Safe Online
- Keeping Kids Safe in an Online World
- Helping Your kids be Secure While Using the Computer
- How to Keep Kids Safe Online
- Facebook Age Limit Should be Raised
The security on your computer can protect the computer from hackers and viruses and the like, but you will need to set some parental controls on the computer if you want to make sure that the kids stay safe when they are surfing the net.
- Government Response to the Consultation on Parental Controls is Good News but Raises New Questions
- Happy Endings: Google Reportedly Working on Parental Controls for Chrome
- How to Set Up Parental Controls on the Wii U
- Enabling Parental Controls in iBooks
- Teens Online: Friending … and Other Parental Controls
Security on the computer is necessary. Setting parental controls on the computer is important. However, setting some rules on how and where the computer can be used is also key element in protecting your children.
- Top 3 Technology Usage Ground Rules & Consequences for Kids
- Holiday Tech-NO Shopping
- Sign a Family Contract for Online Safety and Smart Use of Technology
- Age-Based Guidelines for Kids’ Internet Use
- Ways to Keep Your Kids Safe When Online
Tips for Safety
For general tips to keep your kids safe while they play online you can check out these five blog posts. From the latest tech gadget to common sense these tips cover it all.
- Tips to Monitor and Minimize Your Kids and Teens Online Time
- Keep Your Kids Safe with a New Tech Gadget: Five Things Parents Should Do
- 10 Ways to Monitor Your Kids Use of the Internet
- Tips to Teach Children How to Use the Internet Safely
- 7 Expert Tips for Keeping Your Kids Safe Online [EXPERT]
Many people argue that the government is too involved with everyday life, but then you hear about something bad happening and people want to know why the government didn’t do something about it. Here are some blog stories about what the government has done and is doing to help keep kids safe online.
- FTC Introduces Changes to Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, Parental Permission Now Required to Collect Information
- Keep Kids Safe Online
- Update to Internet Child-Protection Law Misses the Mark, Says Critic
- Time Loughton’s 10 Point Family Plan for Government
- There’s No Greater Work in Law Enforcement Than Keeping Children Safe
Cell phone use in children is getting younger and younger. Middle school children are using their Smart phones in class. What can you do to keep your kids safe when they use their cell phone?
- A Smart Way to Keep Kids Safe on Their Mobiles
- Technology Holiday Gifts: Keeping Kids Safe Online During Holiday and Beyond
- Keeping Kids Safe and Protecting Privacy Online, with Cell Phones
- Verizon: Keeping Cell Phones Safe for Kids
- Internet- Cell Safety Info for Parents
Source: Nanny Websites
Follow me on Twitter and join me on Facebook for more informational article.