Earlier this month Intel Security released their latest study, The Reality of CyberParenting: What Pre-Teens and Teens Are Up To Online.
The month of June is Internet Safety Month. It’s a month that we take extra time to learn more about cyber-skills, apps, security and all things digitally driven especially as it pertains to our youth.
Family Online Safety Institute and Intel Security are going to join together to offer more insights for advocates, parents, teachers and everyone that wants to join for a TweetChat on Wednesday, June 24th at 3:00pm EST.
Using hashtag #CyberParenting, to be able to hear (digitally speaking) from the experts at @FOSI and @IntelSecurity as well as ask questions.
What is the topic?
The focus will be on the research Intel Security shared earlier this month.
- What is most important to you when it comes to Internet Safety?
- How you do you limit screen time in your household? How do you set boundaries?
- Do you employ a monitoring system on your child devices or do you simply trust them? The research is interesting.
- What do you discuss with your kids about social media? Do you talk about their online reputation? Do you discuss engaging with strangers online?
- What type of parental controls do you find helpful?
- Do you have any ideas for parenting safety tips that others should know? Sharing information is priceless.
- What area of Internet Safety do you wish you knew more about and there isn’t enough resources out there? For example, you can find a lot of information on cyberbullying and identity theft – is there a topic you feel that is lacking on resources?
- How do you start your digital conversations? Last month I wrote about conversation starters by Common Sense and Family Dinner Project, they offered great tips. Keep in mind, it’s not about one chat – it’s many of them, as frequently as possibly. Keeping it going all year round…. speaking of…
- What is your suggestion to keep Internet Safety as a priority in your home?
Think about these and other Internet Safety questions or comments you have and join the pros on Wednesday, June 24th at 3pm EST.
Everyone is invited!